Monitor stock prices or earnings per share with the GOOGLEFINANCE function in Google Sheets.
Then, graph seasonal fluctuations with Explore.
- See revenue trends and changes.
- Compare prices and earnings with major competitors.
- Predict future stock trends and directions.
Use the GOOGLEFINANCE function
- In Sheets, open a spreadsheet.
- In an empty cell, type =GOOGLEFINANCE.
- In parenthesis, add any of the following, separated by a comma:
- A ticker symbol in quotation marks.
- (Optional) The attribute you want to show, such as price, in quotation marks.
- (Optional) A start and an end date preceded by DATE and followed with the numerical date in parenthesis.
- (Optional) Daily or weekly frequency in quotation marks.
- Press Enter.
To list the Google stock price, taken at the same time daily for 2014, you type: =GOOGLEFINANCE("GOOG", "price", DATE(2014,1,1), DATE(2014,12,31), "DAILY")