Get a visual summary of a large spreadsheet's changing data with conditional formatting rules.
- Change the background color of cells with information you want to track.
- Add status markers to project trackers. For example, if a task is marked “Complete”, the background color can automatically change to green.
- Assign a color for each person on your team so they can quickly see all the tasks they’ve been assigned.
Set conditional formatting rules
- In Google Sheets, highlight the cell or range of cells that you want to apply formatting rules to.
- Click Format > Conditional formatting.
- In the window that appears, define the conditions for specific text colors and/or cell background colors.
- Click Done.