If you keep data in separate Google Sheets, copy a range of data from one spreadsheet to another with the IMPORTRANGE function.
For example, you may track quarterly sales data for a product in a different spreadsheet for each region. To combine all that quarterly sales data, copy the data from each region's spreadsheet into a single spreadsheet using IMPORTRANGE.
Use the IMPORTRANGE function
- In Sheets, open a spreadsheet.
- In an empty cell, type =IMPORTRANGE.
- In parenthesis, add the following specifications in quotes and separated by a comma:
- The URL of the spreadsheet in Sheets.
- The sheet name (optional) and the range of cells to import.
- Press Enter.
- Click Allow access to connect the two spreadsheets initially.
To import cells A1 through C10 from sheet 1 of the abcd123abcd123 spreadsheet, you type: =IMPORTRANGE("abcd123abcd123", "sheet1!A1:C10")