Getting input on your work can be difficult with large teams and multiple drafts. Create your files in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides, then share them with team members and stakeholders to receive targeted suggestions. You can share files with people outside your company who aren't on G Suite, too.
- Get specific, actionable feedback from your team or from external people on proposals, reports, presentations, and more.
- Assign tasks in the document to specific people.
- Keep all your drafts in one file—changes update for everyone in real time. Now you don’t need to share a new draft every time you edit your work, and everyone always accesses the most recent version.
- Revert back to a previous version in case of mistakes.
- Keep an online record of all changes and comments.
Share your work
- In Google Drive, open your file in Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- In the top-right corner, click Share.
- Type the names of the people you want to share the file with.
Note: If you can't add people outside your company, see your G Suite administrator.
- Select Can edit, Can comment, or Can view, depending on how you want to set the user permissions.
- Make sure the Notify people via email box is checked, and click Send.
Assign tasks by tagging people in comments
- Select the text you'd like to comment on.
- Click Add comment .
- Type your comment. To address it to a specific person, type the plus (+) sign and their email in the comment text. For example: +email@example.com.
- The person can make their changes and reply to your comment.
- When you’re satisfied with the outcome, click Resolve.
Review changes and reverse mistakes
- Select File > See revision history.
- Click a timestamp to see a previous version of the proposal.
- Click Restore this revision to make it the active version.