A spreadsheet full of data can be daunting. Get summaries and charts of your data with the click of a button in Google Sheets. It’s kind of like having an expert in data analysis sitting next to you.
- Find patterns in your data with instant charts.
- Get automatic suggestions for pivot tables based on your data.
- Ask questions about your data and get immediate answers. Answers can include suggested charts, pivot tables, and formulas. (English only)
- Quickly graph a subset of your data by selecting only the cells or columns you’re interested in.
Start exploring your data
- In Sheets, open a spreadsheet with data.
- Select a range of cells, columns, or rows. Otherwise, you’ll get insights based on where your cursor is.
- At the bottom, click Explore assistant.
- Depending on the data in the sheet, you can:
- See which data a chart is based on—Hover over a chart to highlight its data in the spreadsheet.
- Ask questions about your data—Enter a search or choose a suggested question.
- Add a chart—Hover over a chart and click Insert chart .
- Add a pivot table—Hover over a pivot table and click Insert pivot table .