Tired of typing the same reply each time someone sends you an email with a common question?
Compose your reply once and save it with canned responses. Then, set up a filter with information that includes keywords or subjects.
You can then use Gmail to automatically respond to messages that fit your criteria with your saved response.
- Automate answers to customer questions about store hours, locations, and other general information.
- If you receive a technical support email, Gmail can automatically forward it to the right person and send the customer a confirmation message.
Automate email replies
- In the Gmail search box, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down.
- Enter your search criteria, then click Create filter with this search.
- Check the Send canned response box and select one of your saved canned responses. If you don't see this option, make sure canned responses are enabled.
- Click Create filter.