If you'll be away from your Gmail account, like on a vacation or without access to the internet, you can set up a vacation responder to automatically notify people that you won't be able to get back to them right away. When people send you a message, they'll receive an email response containing what you've written in your “out of office” autoreply.
Set up an "out-of-office" autoreply
- In Gmail, click Settings settings > Settings.
- Scroll down to the Vacation responder section.
- Select the Vacation responder on option.
- Enter the date range, subject, and message.
- (Optional) Under your message, select who to send the response to.
- At the bottom, click Save Changes.
Note: If you have a Gmail signature, it will be shown under your autoreply.
Turn off an "out-of-office" autoreply
If you’ve set a date for the vacation responder to end, it turns off at that time. Otherwise, when your vacation reply is on, you'll see a banner across the top of your inbox that shows the subject of your vacation response. To turn it off, click End now.