Creating the same types of files over and over can be time-consuming and inconsistent across team members. Save time with templates in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Forms. You can choose an existing template or create your own.
- Create eye-catching resumes, brochures, or newsletters instantly using Docs.
- Get an instant format for invoices, budgets, expense reports, or schedules in Sheets.
- Make your sales pitch, case study, proposal, or status report stand out with a Slides presentation.
- Promote your organization by creating branded templates for external-facing documents, such as proposals and reports, using any of the Docs editors.
- Add signatures to an agreement, flowcharts to a process document, import metrics into a spreadsheet, and more with add-ons.
Use an existing template
From Drive, do one of the following options:
- For Docs, Sheets, or Slides, click New > Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides > From a template.
- For Forms, click New > More > Google Forms > From a template.
Create your own template
Do one of the following options:
- Create a new document, spreadsheet, presentation, or form.
- Open an existing document, spreadsheet, presentation, or form and make the changes you want for your template.
Click Submit Template.
Click Select a document, presentation, spreadsheet, or form.
Find the template file you created and click Open.
(Optional) To submit a copy of the file instead of the original, check the box.
Select a category for your file.
Your new template appears in the Template Gallery under My templates.