Want to let people make copies of your Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Drawings files with a single click? Just make a simple change in the link you share.
- Create templates for files, such as Docs proposals, Sheets project plans, Slides pitch decks, Drawings flowcharts, and more. Your teammates can quickly copy them to keep your organization’s branding consistent.
- Allow colleagues to create personal copies of your files—such as presentations, reports, or designs they like—so they can adjust it for their own purposes.
Invite people to make a copy of a file in Docs, Sheets, Slides, or Drawings
- In Google Drive, open the file.
- Copy the file link from the address bar.
- In Gmail, click COMPOSE.
- Paste the file link in the email and in the link, change edit to copy.
- When your email is ready, click Send.
Note: If you haven’t shared the file, you’re prompted to share it now.
- When the recipient clicks the link in the message, they’re instructed to click Make a copy.
They can then work on a copy of the original document.