Let people know what you’re up to by adding a custom status in Google Hangouts.
- Share what you're working on.
- Let people know if you're busy or available for a quick chat or question.
Classic Hangouts instructions
Add a custom status
- In Gmail, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down next to your name or in Inbox, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down next to New conversation
- In the Share your status box, type your status.
- (Optional) To add an emoticon to your status, click Add an emoji insert_emoticon.
To remove a custom status, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down and click Clear clear next to your status.