Chrome version 52 or higher only
If you’re in a Google Hangout, share what’s on your browser tab or desktop by casting it from Chrome. Just like sharing your screen in a Hangout, your team will only see the content that you want to show. However, casting lets you share in a separate browser window, so you can continue engaging with your team and multitasking in the Hangout screen.
Classic Hangouts instructions
Install the Google Cast extension
- Sign in to the Chrome browser.
- Download the Google Cast extension.
- On the toolbar, right-click Google Cast cast and make sure Enable Cloud Services is checked.
Start casting to a Hangout from Chrome
- Join an ongoing Hangout, or start a new one.
Start casting by choosing an option from the toolbar:
- Click Google Cast cast and choose from the available Hangouts.
- Click More more_vert > Cast and choose from the available Hangouts.
(Optional) To switch what you’re sharing, click Cast desktop or Cast tab and choose what you want to share.
- (Optional) To use a higher bandwidth, check the Smooth Motion [beta] box.
- Click Stop to stop casting.