Track progress on lists of personal or team-wide tasks in Google Sheets.
- Have a team project? Divide the work, assign tasks, and track completion with a spreadsheet. Because you edit the spreadsheet together, everyone stays updated on the project’s progress without having to manage different updates via email.
- Give new team members a list of things they need to do to get started.
- Big change coming to the team? Use a spreadsheet checklist to make sure everyone has completed the necessary tasks to prepare.
Create a checklist in Sheets
- In Google Drive, click NEW and select Google Sheets.
- Add headers to the top row, such as Task and Completed (Y/N).
- Add your to-do list items in the first column under Task.
- Click Share and share the checklist with your team at the appropriate access level. For example:
- Can edit—Let each person on your team update the spreadsheet so you can track everyone’s progress at once.
- Can view—Let people create copies of your to-do list for personal use without changing the source document.
- Click Done.