If you’re working with people who only have Microsoft® Office®, you can share a copy of a Google Docs, Sheets, or Slides file with them in an Office format. They can then edit the file in Office and send it back to you.
Send a copy of a file in an Office format
- In Docs, Sheets, or Slides, open the file.
- Click File > Email as attachment.
- Under Attach as, choose Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Enter the email address, subject, and message.
- (Optional) Check the Send a copy to myself box.
- Click Send.