If you’re collaborating with several people on a single file, it can be difficult to pinpoint who made certain changes and when. Use version history in Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides to see all the updates to your file.
- Keep track of changes to important business documents
- Identify each change and its owner
- Revert back to previous versions if mistakes are made
See or revert to an earlier version
- In Google Drive, open your file.
- From Docs, Sheets, or Slides, select File > Version history > See version history.
- Click a timestamp to see a previous version of the file. Below the timestamp, you’ll see:
- Names of people who edited the document.
- A color next to each person’s name. The edits they made appear in that color.
- Click Restore this version to make it the active version.
Note: You need Owner or Can edit access to see the version history.