Manage incoming messages automatically with Gmail’s filters.
- Automatically apply labels to categorize incoming messages, such as customer feedback or project-related messages.
- Getting messages you don’t need right now, like forum posts or newsletters? Let Gmail automatically archive them so you can keep a clean Inbox and read them later.
- Flag VIP emails
- Archive notifications
Automatically label and sort incoming messages
- In the Gmail search box, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down.
- Enter your search criteria, then click Create filter with this search.
- Check Apply the label and choose a label to automatically sort incoming messages fitting your search criteria.
- If you’d like messages fitting your search criteria to be automatically moved out of your Inbox, but want to be able to access them later, check Skip the Inbox (Archive it).
- Click Create filter.