Create multiple signatures for different types of emails with Gmail's canned responses.
- An internal company signature includes your team site, current projects, and more.
- A client-facing signature has your title, phone number, and organization's website.
- A recruiting signature for job candidates can have your company's careers webpage, directions to an interview location, or instructions on calling in to a video interview.
Enable canned responses
- In Gmail, click Settings settings and select Settings.
- At the top, select the Labs tab.
- In the Canned Responses section, select Enable.
- At the bottom, click Save Changes.
Create canned response signatures
- In Gmail, click COMPOSE.
- In the New Message window, type and format your signature.
- In the bottom-right corner of the Compose window, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down and select Canned responses > New canned response.
- Enter a name for the canned response signature and click OK.
- Continue composing and send your message, or close the compose window to use your signature another time.
Send email with canned response signatures
- In Gmail, click COMPOSE and compose your message.
- In the bottom-right corner of the Compose window, click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down, select Canned responses, and choose a saved signature canned response to insert in your message.
- Click Send.