Use YouTube Live to broadcast live discussions, performances, and courses to the world. You can even record, edit, and share a copy of your broadcast.
- Save time and travel resources by training new staff remotely.
- Give a presentation that everyone in the world can watch.
- Allow people to participate in conferences and events they can’t physically attend.
- Record training materials and make them available on demand to students or new employees.
Classic Hangouts instructions
Create a live event with YouTube Live
Before you can start YouTube Live event, you need to have a YouTube channel.
- Go to Live Streaming Events.
- If you haven’t already enabled live streaming for your channel, click Enable live streaming and complete the verification process.
- Click New live event.
- In the bottom right, select Type > Quick (using Google Hangouts On Air). Or, select Custom to use custom encoders and controls.
Give your live stream a title, and fill in other fields as required.
- To broadcast your event, do one of the following:
- To broadcast your event now, click Go live now.
- To schedule your event for another time, change the event time and click Create event.
When you’re ready to broadcast your event, go to Live Streaming Events and click Start Hangout On Air.
- Click Invite people person_add to add participants to your live stream.