Use Google Input Tools to type in different languages so you can communicate with international teams or clients.
Types of Input Tools
- Handwriting input—Write words directly with your mouse or trackpad.
- Transliteration—Type languages phonetically in English letters, and they'll appear in their correct alphabet.
- Input Method Editor (IME)—Use a Latin alphabet keyboard to convert your keystrokes to Asian characters.
- Virtual keyboard—Use an onscreen keyboard native to languages like Arabic, Hebrew, Thai, and Korean.
Enable Input Tools
- In Gmail, click Settings settings and select Settings.
- In the General tab, scroll to the Language section. Click Show all language options and check the Enable input tools box.
- In the Input Tools window, double-click the All input tools field to select an input tool you want. The tool automatically moves to the Selected input tools field.
- Click OK.
- At the bottom, click Save Changes.
When you enable an input tool, click the Keyboard to turn it on and off, and click the Down arrow arrow_drop_down to switch between tools.