Need to discuss something urgent? Hold impromptu video meetings with anyone in the world at any time, right from your computer—there’s no need to schedule time or find a room.
Hangouts Meet instructions
Start a video meeting from your computer
Chrome browser only
- In a web browser, enter https://meet.google.com.
- Click Start a new meeting > Start meeting.
- Click Copy info content_copy to copy the meeting link details and share the details with your guests.
Start a video meeting from your mobile device
- Open the Hangouts Meet app.
- Tap Add add_circle_outline.
- Tap Share and select an app to send the meeting details to your guests.
Classic Hangouts instructions
Start a video call from Gmail or Inbox on your computer
- In Gmail or Inbox, click Hangouts hangout.
- Click New conversation
addand type the name of the person you want to have a call with.
- (Optional) You can add multiple people to start a group video call.
- Click Video call videocam.
- Open the Hangouts app.
- Tap Add add and do one of the following:
- To start a video call, tap New video call hangout_video.
- To start a chat message, tap New conversation chat.