Chrome browsers only
Read and draft Gmail messages even when you don't have internet access. Your messages will send when you're back online.
- Read and respond to emails when you’re on flights without Wi-Fi.
- Continue working in Gmail during internet outages.
Install the Gmail Offline Chrome App
- In your Chrome browser, go to the app's page in the Chrome Web Store.
- Click ADD TO CHROME.
- In the dialog box, click Add app.
- In the new tab that opens, click Gmail Offline.
- Select Allow offline mail and click Continue.
Open Gmail offline
- Open a new tab in Chrome.
- Near the top of the page, in the bookmarks bar, click App Launcher .
- Click Gmail Offline.