If you’re the organizer or you’re invited to a video meeting by someone in your organization, you can use Hangouts Meet to record the meeting. Recordings are saved to Google Drive and linked to the event in Google Calendar.
Note: This feature is only available with G Suite Enterprise.
- Record team presentations and share them afterwards with coworkers.
- Record training materials and make them available on demand to students and new employees.
- Record conferences that people can’t physically attend.
Record a meeting
- Go to Meet and start or join a video meeting.
- When you’re in the meeting, click More more_vert > Record meeting and click Start.
Note: Participants are notified when recording starts or stops. People outside of your organization, mobile app users, and people who dial in also get notified when the recording starts or stops, but they can’t control the recording.
- To stop recording, click More more_vert > Stop recording.
- Click Stop recording to confirm. Also, the recording automatically stops when everyone leaves the meeting.
- Wait a few minutes for the recording file to be generated and saved to Drive.
An email with a link to the recording is automatically sent to the meeting organizer and whoever started the recording. The recording is automatically shared with meeting participants who are in the same domain as the meeting organizer.
- If you receive an email with a recording file, click the file to open it, or click Open in Drive.
Play, share, download, or save a recording
- Open Drive and double-click a recording file to play it.
- Select an option:
- To share a recording, select the file and click Share person_add. Or, click Link insert_link and paste the link in an email or chat message.
- To download a recording, select the file and click More more_vert > Download.
- To add a recording to My Drive, click Add to My Drive add_to_drive.